You may be looking for a job that you can work part time, but you want the benefits as well. You may think that it’s a bit tough to find part time jobs with benefits only because they are mostly reserved for full-time employees. However, just because you want to work less than 40 hours a week doesn’t necessarily mean you’re out of luck.
Beginning your search within your local paper would be a good start. Some companies do offer their part-time employees benefit packages. It really just depends on the job you’re looking for.
Now of course you can’t be a dog walker or babysitter and expect to get benefits, but certain companies will offer them to you.
Here is a list of companies that offer the best part-time jobs with benefits…
1. REI – This outdoor, worker friendly company offers benefits for its employees who work less than 20 hours a week. Benefits include health, dental and life as well. This company should definitely go on your list if you’re only looking for weekend jobs. Check out REI jobs and see if any fit you.
2. Lowe’s – I can personally vouch for this home improvement giant, seeing as I used to work there. It gives its part-time employees access to health, vision, dental and they also provide life insurance plans. You can also accrue vacation time. Check out the Lowe’s career site for more information.
3. Barnes & Noble – This gigantic bookseller offers dental and medical coverage for part-timers. In addition to their Flexible spending account, they also offer life insurance and a 30% discount for its employees on books. Get the inside scoop on Barnes & Noble jobs and see what they have to offer.
4. Target – You’ve definitely hit the bulls eye (get it… bulls eye… Target, lol) if you’re looking to work for a company that offers health, dental, an employee discount that is good towards any out of pocket prescriptions filled within the store and a confidential hotline that offers support and counseling for all its employees. If that all sounds good to you and it does to me, then don’t miss checking out Target’s corporate career site.
5. JCPenny – Any employee who works less than 35 hours a week is considered to be part time at this departments store and is eligible for health, dental, vision and life insurance. Take a peek at JCPenny’s career page to get a glance.
6. UPS – This has got to be the ultimate part-time opportunity of them all. I’m surprised I didn’t put it first on my list. Not only does this company hire for seasonal and part-time work on the regular, they also offer full benefits which also happens to include… wait for it… tuition assistance! If you’re in college, and are looking for a part-time gig, then this is a job you definitely don’t want to pass up. Jump on the UPS benefits page to see what’s in store for you.
7. Nordstrom – One of my favorite stores to shop at, Nordstrom offers their part-time employee’s health and life insurance along with paid time off, and adoption assistance. Take a look at Nordstrom’s benefits page for more info.
Are there part time jobs with benefits available? Sure there are and I just provided you with a few. Whether you’re looking for part time jobs with health benefits or just part time jobs that offer benefits in general, you’ll definitely find what you’re looking for in at least one of them.
Part time jobs that offer benefits aren’t hard to find. You just have to know where to look and who offers what.